You may find pistachios to be a little odd on account of their unusual greenish color and their distinctive shells. But pistachios are very tasty and undeniably healthy for you, which is the best of both worlds to say the least!
Health Benefits of Pistachios
- One serving of pistachios is 49 nuts, more than any other tree nut.
- Pistachios are a naturally cholesterol-free snack.
- They are a great source of protein. A single serving provides the same
amount of protein in one ounce of soybeans.
- Pistachios contain more than 10 percent of the Daily Value of dietary
fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
- One serving of pistachios has as much potassium as half a small banana.
- Pistachios contain monounsaturated fat that has been linked with
lowering cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease.
- Scientific evidence suggests that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most
nuts, such as pistachios, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pistachios can lower or help maintain already-low blood sugar levels, an
important factor in preventing diabetes.