It is no surprise that the regal and delicious walnut comes from an ornamental tree that is highly prized for its beauty. The walnut kernel consists of two bumpy lobes that look like abstract butterflies. The lobes are off white in color and covered by a thin, light brown skin. They are partially attached to each other. The kernels are enclosed in round or oblong shells that are brown in color and very hard.
Health Benefits of Walnut
- Walnut is a good source of all important omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3
fatty acids has a lot of health benefits ranging from cardiovascular
protection, better mental function, anti-inflammatory benefits in asthma,
rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
- Walnut contain ellagic acid, an antioxidant compound that helps supports
the immune system and contain several anticancer properties.
- Walnut has a mild laxative effect, it is beneficial in cases of
- It contains vitamins and minerals thus making it an excellent food for
body and muscle building.
- Walnut helps improve body's metabolism.
- Walnut is recommended for patients with liver ailments