Sardines are the small fish packed in either tin can or glass bottles. Most people eat sardines because it is one of the most convenient food you can eat when you are in a hurry, no preparation required, just simply peel off the thin metal top and enjoy.
Health Benefits of Sardines
- Sardines are considered as brain food because the omega-3 fatty acids in
sardines are important for the brain memory and performance.
- Sardines omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation and therefore
beneficial to those people suffering from joint problems like arthritis.
- Sardines are high in calcium and vitamin D which help promote stronger
- Sardines contain Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) an antioxidant that is enhances
physical energy and cardiovascular health. Coenzyme Q10 is beneficial for
those people with hypertension and heart abnormalities.
- Sardines are also an excellent source of tryptophan, an essential amino
- The high protein content of sardines helps to promote a feeling of
fullness and the lack of carbohydrates helps to keep blood sugars stable.