This member of the gourd family is cylindrical in shape and brilliant dark green in color, with a watery flesh and mild flavor. Though zucchini can grow to almost monstrous proportions, the smaller vegetables are the most flavorful.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
- Zucchini helps to cure asthma as it contains Vitamin C, which is a
powerful antioxidant, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Zucchini helps to prevent diseases, like scurvy, bruising etc, caused by
the deficiency of Vitamin C.
- Eating zucchini also helps to support the arrangement of capillaries.
- Regular intake of zucchini effectively lowers high homocysteine levels.
- Zucchini also prevents the risk of having multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Zucchinis have high water content (over 95%), so they make perfect food
for people on diet.
- Zucchini contains useful amounts of folate, potassium, and vitamin A,
necessary for a human body.
- Zucchini contains Vitamin C and lutein, both of which are good for eyes.