One of the most delicious and most fattening fruits, mango is truly called the 'King of Fruits'. A tropical fruit, it comes in as many as 1000 different varieties, each of them totally delectable. Though native to Southern and Southeast Asia, the fruit is now also grown in Central and South America, Africa and the Arabian Peninsula also.
Health Benefits of Mango
- Mango, being high in calories and carbohydrates, is good for those who
are trying to gain weight.
- The phenolic compound found in mangoes has been found to have powerful
antioxidant and anticancer properties.
- Being high in iron, mango is said to be very good for pregnant women as
well as for people suffering from anemia.
- Mango is believed to be effective in relieving clogged pores of the
- The vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin E and selenium present in mangoes
provide protection against heart disease.
- Mangoes have been found to be quite helpful in treating acidity and poor
- It is being said that the Vitamin E present in mango helps hormonal
system function more efficiently and thus, boosts sex life.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of mango might help alleviate asthma
- Mango has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from the
following ailments: Bacterial Infections, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dysentery,
Eye Disorders, Hair Loss, Heat Stroke, Leucorrhea, Liver Disorders,
Menstrual Disorders, Morning Sickness, Piles, Prickly Heat, Scurvy,
Sinusitis, Spleen Enlargement, Vaginitis.