Peaches are delicious, attractive fruits with velvety red and yellow skin. The originated in China, and were brought to the West by Alexander the Great and the Romans. The Spaniards brought them to the Americas during the 16th century. Peaches have a place in Chinese legends as being fruits which bestow immortality. The peach is related to other stone fruits such as apricots, almonds, plums and cherries.
Health Benefits of Peach
- Peaches help make the skin healthy and also add color to the
- It has been seen that consumption of peaches helps in the removal of
worms from the intestinal tract.
- Being rich in Vitamin A, peaches might help prevent cancer in organs and
glands with epithelial tissue.
- Peaches comprise of more than 80 percent water and are a good source of
dietary fiber, making them good for those trying to lose weight.
- Consumption of peaches, on a regular basis, can keep your bowel
movements regular and even prevent straining.
- Researches have suggested that peaches have good to excellent
antioxidant activity, some antimicrobial activity and good to excellent
tumor growth inhibition activity.
- Peaches have a small laxative effect and a powerful diuretic effect and
thus, are recommended to people suffering from rheumatism and gout.
- Peach flowers have sedative proprieties and are good for children who
are restless, especially when boiled in water with sugar and honey.
Peaches have been found to be beneficial for individuals suffering from the
- Bladder and Kidney Stones
- Dry Cough
- High Blood Pressure
- Poor Digestion